Sunday Sept. 10th 11 a.m.—5 p.m.
It’s time to get ready for the upcoming season. Come to Race Day 2017 at Steiner’s Sports—as always, Factory Reps will be on hand to help guide your Athlete with equipment selection from Fischer, Nordica, Lange, Rossignol, POC, BRIKO, Dynastar, Atomic, and Head.
Garrick Dardani, Master Boot Fitter, ski boot tester for SKI/Skiing Magazine, Race Program Director and head U19 coach will be there to do everything possible to make your athlete perform to their potential. Also on hand will be some of your favorite coaches.
According to Garrick:
- Boots are the most important piece of the skiing puzzle. All age groups and ability levels will benefit from getting set up properly in their boots. This means assessed for size, flex, width, height of boot and performance level.Besides fit and flex, we need to get the alignment of the boots right. That means that the forward angle is right for you, the lateral cant, cuff alignment is set right. Do the knees track correctly? This is called lateral stance balance.
- Skis & Bindings: besides brand, size and flex, it is critical to determine the correct binding ramp angle. This is the difference in height from the heel to the toe piece. I determine a starting delta angle based on the ankle flexibility, center of mass of athlete, boot set up and event (SL,GS, …)
At Race Day I can size up boots and do an assessment, but many times we will need to schedule an appointment for the full fitting. This is too important to rush through.
The deal with a Race Day is:
- USSA pricing on all equipment
- 10% off Swix Evo Pro Edger
- 30% off all other Swix wax and equipment
- POC and Slytech helmets and armor are offered at race form price
- All race equipment is on sale
This is also a perfect time to leave your skis to get them prepared for the season!
We prepare all skis on the Wintersteiger Omega RS 350 stone grinding machine. This is the most up to date machine for precisely grinding race specific patterns that are proven on the world cup and AT HOME.